jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nalin Makar <nalin.ma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Single Java Request and multiple Sample Results
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 06:12:59 GMT
Just came across
public void addSubResult(SampleResult subResult)
in SampleResult javadocs. Will try and see if this is the right way to go about it.

If someone has any wise words around this use case, please do share.

Thanks,
Nalin

On Dec 13, 2012, at 9:29 PM, Nalin Makar <NALIN.MAKAR@GMAIL.COM> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have searched extensively online and couldn't find a solution to my problem.
>
> We have a pretty good functional/automated coverage for the product that we are testing
and I would like to reused that code to also run load/perf tests.

> We figured we'll use JavaSampler and implement AbstractJavaSamplerClient. So, in a Java
Request we wanted to do the following operations:

> 1. In setupTest() --> do login
> 2. In runTest() -->
> a. Do op1
> b. Do op2
> c. Do op3
> 3. In tearDownTest --> logout
>
> As, runTest() only returns a single SampleResult, I can only use that to report on the
overall status of running op1, op2 and op3. But I was wondering if there was a way to report
separate SampleResults for each of the 3 operations (op[1-3]).