jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Gavin Maselino <gavinmasel...@hotmail.com>
Subject Asp.net client id Template name - How to Parameterize Name field
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 12:06:13 GMT

Hi
On one of my servers, when I record the JMeter script the user name client ID (as an example)
is Template$ctl17$ctl00$login$UserName. On another server  it is Template$ctl15$ctl00$login$UserName.

So the same test cannot be re-run on a different server without making script changes to the
Parameter Name field.
What I want to be able to do is somehow parameterise the Name field so that it will work on
either server. Just to re-iterate it is the paramter name field, not the value field. I have
attached a screenshot also.
Can anyone advise as I have been racking my brains and cannot see an answer?
Many thanks in advance