jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Walker, Russell" <russell.wal...@sap.com>
Subject Easy way to test If file exists
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 16:23:15 GMT
I have what I think should be a simple question, however, its one I've been unable to find
a solution to anywhere.
I'm super  very familiar with JMeter so perhaps I'm trying to solve this the wrong way.
My primary issue is that I often forget to remove old collector logs after a test run and
when I restart a new test the data gets appended to the old log and creates a graph that is
nearly impossible to understand.  I was unable to find a setting in either the GUI or properties
files which configured these counters to truncate old data.
My solution to this problem was to create a OS process sampler which zips up the old logs
with a time stamp and then deletes them.  This works fine, however, I'd like to be able to
check the following:

a)      The log files exist before zipping.

b)      The zip was successful before deleting the logs.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Russell Walker | Staff Eng QA | Unwired Enterprise Platform
Telephone: (603)230-7143 | Mobile: (603)369-9362
6 Loudon Rd, Suite 501, Concord, NH, 03301, USA