jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Roderick Parks <roderick.pa...@triometric.net>
Subject How to send a null filename?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 16:11:34 GMT
I've got a situation where I appear to be falling between two stools.

I have a multi-stage process in a web application which consists of uploading a file and then
performing several operations on it.  The upload stage is fine - the problem arises with the
subsequent stages.

The application, when running via IE. produces the following in its form POST for the second
stage:

-----------------------------7dcca18d046a

-----------------------------7dcca18d046a

As you can see, this has a null filename.

I can recreate this in my JMeter test script, and it produces:

--7KuasTCyGRcIVS-GlnO7ypZpVo7IJO5IsBYge2

<actual file content, not shown here>
--7KuasTCyGRcIVS-GlnO7ypZpVo7IJO5IsBYge2--

This seems superficially OK, but the problem is that JMeter fails with a file not found exception
and thus the sample does not run.

If I remove the null filename, the sample runs, but the web application fails to perform the
required operation.

Do you know how I can 'fake' the null file in JMeter, so that it does not throw an exception
yet enables the web application to receive the required null parameter?

Thanks, Roderick