jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Easy way to test If file exists
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 19:12:26 GMT
On 7 November 2012 16:23, Walker, Russell <russell.walker@sap.com> wrote:

> I have what I think should be a simple question, however, its one I’ve been unable
to find a solution to anywhere.

> I’m super  very familiar with JMeter so perhaps I’m trying to solve this the wrong
way.

> My primary issue is that I often forget to remove old collector logs after a test run
and when I restart a new test the data gets appended to the old log and creates a graph that
is nearly impossible to understand.  I was unable to find a setting in either the GUI or properties
files which configured these counters to truncate old data.

> My solution to this problem was to create a OS process sampler which zips up the old
logs with a time stamp and then deletes them.  This works fine, however, I’d like to be
able to check the following:

> a)      The log files exist before zipping.
>
> b)      The zip was successful before deleting the logs.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would probably create the log files with a timestamp in the name,
then you can use an OS shell script to tidy things up as a separate
job.