jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Chrome/jmeter interworking problems via https
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:28:08 GMT
On 8 November 2012 18:10, BOLB (Bohdan L Bodnar) <BOLB@panduit.com> wrote:

> I’m having a problem that has me stumped.  Here’s the background:
>

> I’m using the proxy server in jmeter version 2.8 (running on a Windows XP box) to capture
web browser-based activity on a server.  The interface is via https.  If I log into the server
directly with Chrome (version 23.0.1271.64 m), no problems are present.  When going in via
the proxy server, I have to have Chrome accept jmeter’s SSL certificate; this is done successfully.
 However, when I attempt to access the server using Chrome and via the proxy, I get intermittent
connectivity; for example, the login page background may come up and then nothing will happen.
 After several retries, I may be able to access the desired login screen.  I have NO problems
with Firefox.  I also noticed that Chrome is modifying IE8 settings; for example, if the proxy
is left running and I use IE to access some sites, the proxy captures my activities.  The
server does not work with IE8 – it is designed for HTML 5.

> Has anybody experienced this sort of problem before?  Everything works fine if I’m
using http (which I do not want to do).

The obvious response is to use Firefox rather than Chrome for recording.

However if you want to try and find out why their behaviour differs,
try using a protocol sniffer such as wireshark to capture the
differences.

Also compare the JMeter scripts generated by Chrome and Firefox.