jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server response: "browser does not support JavaScript"
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 14:45:14 GMT
Hi,

see bellow...

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 4:22 PM, Shay Ginsbourg <sginsbourg@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> While running a Jmeter script, we receive a response from the server
> that the "browser does not support JavaScript".
>
> At this point, our test fails because the script can't continue.
>
> What is the recommended way of working around such an undesired server
> response ?

Well, black-boxed - I would assume that someone expects something from a
script that isn't running to make this assumption. So, I would review the
test and the web-page in firebug and see what was added since the script
was first created. Also, I wouldn't assume from start that this requires
javascript in jmeter, since is probably something that comes in
body/headers as false (or is inexistent) and is returned as it equals true
in headers/body, anything extremely simplistic.

Btw, some sites had this in the basic HTML -> if you were missing flash
player or blocked javascript with addons / browser settings - they had a
default text or picture saying you need to enable whatever was needed for
their site. If the site was slow enough you could see those - even if it
did eventually load ok. In jmeter, of course, you only got that in the
HTML. Just something I wanted to throw in there, not sure if it is the case.