jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <mark.o.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jmeter, SAMLResponse and subrequest question
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 19:15:04 GMT
Though I have not run through a federated authentication with JMeter, I
have had some success with complex authN redirection scenarios. In those
cases, I found the best approach was to tackle it with a sequence of 'as
raw and simple as possible' http samplers.

I would capture a full header trace of a successful authentication using
LiveHTTPHeaders in Firefox, then set about manually recreating those
requests, one at a time, respecting every detail. Don't let JMeter do
anything automagically for you. When you get all the details right, it will
work. Wrap it all up in a test fragment and you can reuse your login
fragment.

Pay close attention to cookie management. In some cases I have found reason
to add or remove cookies explicitly via BeanShell pre or post processors.
log.info is your friend.

Hang in there and you will figure it out.

Mark