jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to force the port to be used in an HTTP Sampler?
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 20:10:08 GMT
hi
As far as I remember browsers like FF dont actually send the ports if they
are the default in the Host header (even if you type out the port
explicitly in the URL) and thats the only place where the port is actually
sent (but I could be wrong) - so when you say it works if I add port which
browser and can you compare whats being sent in the headers etc using some
browser sniffing tool?

The only other place I remember where the port used to cause problems is
buggy AJAX cross domain behavior in some version of a browser but that
doesnt make a difference to JMeter .

regards
deepak