jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Anthony Johnson <ans...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tools to measure average concurrent users?
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 21:37:23 GMT
Another idea If you want to calculate this going forward, you could
simply use the %T for a custom access log in apache.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_log_config.html#formats

%T gives you the total time it took to service a request.  From there
it should be trivial to parse that access_log and determine
concurrency at any point for any URL.

On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 3:50 PM, Enric Jaen <enricjaen@yahoo.es> wrote:
> I appreciate your answers,
>
> Flavio, for me a problem with the 'netstat' approach is that doesn't distinguish URLs.
We have a JBoss running several apps, so it's necessary to filter by app.

> Shmuel, I agree with respect you said about tomcat sessions and action throughtput ,
but I ask for a tool  before looking logs or metrics by  myself.

> Best regards,
> /Enric

to know previously what  is the average  concurrency access to my website (based on historical
data)

>>I'd like to reach to a number such as for example, the average  users accessing the
website simultaneously is 100
>>(which will be the number of JMeter threads)
>>

>>I guess it must be based in the apache logs. I know about AwStats or 123LogAnalizer,
but I don't think they provide such information.