jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Fergal Hanley <fergalhan...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange behavior when performing basic authentication
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 22:28:44 GMT
I'm getting some strange behavior when attempting to use JMeter to perform
basic authentication against a web application.

I'm using the Authorization Manager for NTLM authentication. When I attempt
to play back my script I get a 401 Unauthorized error response. I'f I fire
up the JMeter proxy server and record a snippet of script from the very
server I'm attempting to hit in my test, and then I play back the script
after this, it can authenticate. Does the fact that record change something
in JMeter to make authorization work? This effect is retained as long as I
keep the JMeter application open but lost when I close and reopen the tool.

Other details about the test plan:

   1. I'm using Java implementation calls, HttpClient 3.1 and 4 never worked
   2. Calls are being made through an internet proxy that I've configured
   in jmeter.properties
   3. The application I'm targeting is a SharePoint site
   4. I'm using the HTTP Authorization Manager for server authentication
   5. I left the JMeter application open over night in a state where it was
   able to play back the requests. When I came in the next day it was still
   able to play back the requests but when I restarted the application it was
   once again unable to make the requests.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you,
Fergal