jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Bossu <pbo...@gmail.com>
Subject Computing number of VU
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 15:15:50 GMT
Hello,

I have to load test a website that has a number of visits per days and a
visit duration.

What is the formula to compute the number of Virtual Users (Threads) that I
need to put in my tests.

I read that this number can be computed using 2 different informations:

   - Method1 => Peak visit rate (visits/hour) and Average visit length
   (minutes/visit), it would then be =>  visitRate/(60/visitLength)

   - Method 2 => Peak page rate (pages/hour), Testcase size (number of
   pages seen by User) and Testcase duration (in minutes),it would then be
   => (Peak page rate*testcaseDuration)/(60*testcaseSize)

My question is with method 1, must my test Iteration last the "average
visit length" using Timers and what more to make it last that length ?

My question with method 2, are we talking about my Test Plan duration ?

Which method is the best one ?

Thank you

Regards