jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Peter Peterse <pe...@peterse-uithuizen.com>
Subject Re: Easy way to test If file exists
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 19:54:48 GMT
Hello Russell,

as Sebb wrote, I also using the timestamp in my testresult name like:
C:\testdir\testname\TestResult-${__time(yyyyMMdd-HHmm,)}.jtl

Regards,
Peter

Op 7-11-2012 20:12, sebb schreef:
> On 7 November 2012 16:23, Walker, Russell <russell.walker@sap.com> wrote:
>> I have what I think should be a simple question, however, its one I’ve been unable
to find a solution to anywhere.

>> I’m super  very familiar with JMeter so perhaps I’m trying to solve this the
wrong way.

>> My primary issue is that I often forget to remove old collector logs after a test
run and when I restart a new test the data gets appended to the old log and creates a graph
that is nearly impossible to understand.  I was unable to find a setting in either the GUI
or properties files which configured these counters to truncate old data.

>> My solution to this problem was to create a OS process sampler which zips up the
old logs with a time stamp and then deletes them.  This works fine, however, I’d like to
be able to check the following: