jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Re: SoapSampler deprecation ?
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 16:43:21 GMT
On 06.11.2012 17:25, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> I was wondering if we shouldn't deprecate Soap Sampler .
As a newcomer to JMeter I am (was) not aware of the problems with the sampler.
But it did seem useful, when I looked at it... My test-plans, for example, all
start with looking up some data -- hostnames and port-numbers -- in our
configuration database.

Though I ended up using the HTTP-request and XML-extractor combination to
extract the configuration data, SOAP was my other option...

While, strictly-speaking, you don't need anything other than regexp-extractor
(just as you don't need any language above assembler), interfacing certain
data-sources can be much easier with SOAP. Whether this convenience trumps the
problems with the current implementation, I do not know...

    -mi