jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Stott, Charlie" <CSt...@tnsi.com>
Subject RE: setup & teardown thread group concurrency
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 05:14:15 GMT
Hi Sebb,

> > Samples that are processed in setup thread group respect the value of the property,
but samples processed in other thread groups have not got it set yet, although it often becomes
set during the processing of the group.

> For a property, that's not possible.

In trying to write a snippet test plan, I found I had set a variable in the setup thread,
which I was expecting to remain set in the main thread group.  The property.set and property.get
were enclosed in an If controller, which was actioned on a variable set in the setup thread.
 This was not set in the main group due to localisation of the setup thread, and so the get
was never being processed.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Charlie