jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Getting throughput when running via command line
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 19:43:23 GMT
On 10 October 2012 14:50, rakesh mailgroups <rakesh.mailgroups@gmail.com> wrote:
> *** Reposting because my thread was hijacked ****
>
> Hi,
>
> I've developed my test plan on my local computer via the GUI.
>
> I've now run this test plan using the command line (because its going to
> run in a non-GUI environment) but I cannot see the aggregate numbers in the
> listener files.

Listeners always write raw data to the files.

> I have the Summary Report and the Aggregate Report listeners configured but
> both files contain data on individual calls only.
>
> I want to pass/fail based on a target throughput figure.

That is not available in GUI mode either.

> I google'd around and it seems I should either use the Hudson plugin or
> calculate it myself.
>
> Really?

Yes.

> I get this data in the GUI, surely it should also be available in non-GUI mode?

It's only available in GUI mode as a display; it's not available as an
Assertion, so cannot be used to automate setting pass/fail.
In GUI mode the operator has to determine the pass/fail status.

You can load the raw data into a Summary Listener when the test has completed.

You can also use:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Generate_Summary_Results

which may give sufficient info.