jmeter-user mailing list archives

From rakesh mailgroups <rakesh.mailgro...@gmail.com>
Subject How to know when test can finish?
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:02:15 GMT
Hi,

I've been tasked with creating JMeter tests to verify our app can cope with
a load of x transactions per minute. I'm using the the Constant Throughput
Timer with my desired target tpm.

In GUI mode, I can start the tests and watch what happens. I can see the
value I am looking for being attained.

Now I want to convert this into an automated test that (eventually) fails a
build if the target is not reached (or too many errors have accumulated or
response times become unacceptable).

My issue is that when I start the test, it never stops. The Constant
Throughput Timer seems to over-ride the settings in the Thread Group such
as duration and just keeps on running.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Rakesh