jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Shmuel Krakower <shmul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Random function in for loop doesn't work as expected
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:30:50 GMT
Hi,
I think your problem is with the fact the when using ${} it is calculated
before the actual execution of the code.
So it means that there is actually a static string in there and not a
random one.

You may import the relevant jmeter class to your script and use it directly
:
http://jmeter.apache.org/api/org/apache/jmeter/functions/RandomString.html

But I am unsure how exactly to accomplish this.

Another option is to google for java random strings which will show you
something like:

public static String generateString(Random rng, String characters, int length){
    char[] text = new char[length];
    for (int i = 0; i < length; i++)
    {
        text[i] = characters.charAt(rng.nextInt(characters.length()));
    }
    return new String(text);}

Good luck

Shmuel Krakower.
Beatsoo.org - re-use your jmeter scripts for application performance