jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Zhaoxia Yang <yangzhao...@gmail.com>
Subject Random function in for loop doesn't work as expected
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2012 04:47:05 GMT
Hi,

I have below script in post or pre processor of JMeter. I want the Strings are generated randomly
for each loop.

for(i=0;i<5;i++)
{
  var rdStrA="${__RandomString(5,abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)}";
  var rdStrB="${__RandomString(5,abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)}";
 vars.put("rdStrA"+i, rdStrA);
 vars.put("rdStrB"+i, rdStrB);
}

The result is:
For the 5 times loop, rdStrAs are always same, rdStrB is different from rdStrA but 5 rdStrBs
are same.

The response data of Debug Sampler shows:
rdStrA0=cnbyw
rdStrA1=cnbyw
rdStrA2=cnbyw
rdStrA3=cnbyw
rdStrA4=cnbyw
rdStrB0=bomad
rdStrB1=bomad
rdStrB2=bomad
rdStrB3=bomad
rdStrB4=bomad

This is really odd.
I also tried __Random(min,max) to generate random integer inside for loop, it also performs
the same way.

Thanks.

Zhaoxia Yang