jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how do we use jmeter in big applications?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 08:30:42 GMT
One more thing to add about "large applications" testing. Basically, what
Deepak said stands for me too. Apart from that, I sometimes use a large
number of test machines (that only generate load): 3-10 server class
machines. Large applications tend to require large amounts of input data -
this creates a BIG problem with collecting & interpreting test results (see
other discussion on this group). My advice is: 10% of the data set is just
as relevant, statistically, as the whole lot, so go low on the reporting ,
it will reduce test machine usage and make it easier for you to analyse and
store your test results efficiently.

Another big issue is how many threads per jmeter instance for a lot of
people. The best thing is to experiment on what you can squeeze out of the
jmeter and use that setup when running large tests. A little OS or JVM
tweaking might be required.

--Adrian S