jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Resolve a JMeter variable using an external program
Date Sun, 16 Sep 2012 21:33:57 GMT
> I want to take this jmx xml file and parse it to read the location of the
file so I can do stuff with it (before I actually run the >test)
I cant help but feel that this is a proposed solution to a problem rather
than the problem itself.
Literally you are asking the equivalent of I have a java class , can i
figure out the value of a variable without running the java class. In which
case the answer is no. However a variable is just initial state + algorithm
so you can always figure out its value it would have if you are willing to
duplicate the steps.(or in your case , how does JMeter determine
${myTestRoot}) or you can specify your original problem statement and see
if anyone has a different suggestion.

regards
deepak