jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Divya Singh <divyasing...@gmail.com>
Subject Simulating multiple threads using same login
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 10:49:08 GMT
Hi All,

I am executing a Jmeter test plan with 30 virtual users and using a single login ID for all
threads. I also have added a CookieManger to my test plan.
The e2e transaction I am executing is
1) Login to application
2) Conduct a Search for a Ticket number
3) view the ticket detail
4) update the Ticket and save
5) Run a report
6) Logout

This is a basic test however I have a doubt if it is advisable to use the same login credentials
for all the simulated threads? Are there any implications of using this approach?

Per my understanding, Jmeter simply sends http requests to the server and for the server each
incoming request is unique. So it should not matter if the threads are using the same login.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks,