jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "BOLB (Bohdan L Bodnar)" <B...@panduit.com>
Subject GUI capture question
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 13:32:18 GMT
I've a problem I'm hoping someone on the list may assist me with.  Here's the situation:

I'm running jmeter's http proxy to capture user activity.  The activity consists of opening
a web page, a login, some manipulations, and then a logout.  The data is exported to a .csv
file.  The file includes each method called, latency time, and elapsed time and some other
parameters.  I want to be able to mark the start and end of each activity, as seen by the
user.  For example, during a login, the user finishes entering the name and password into
the GUI and then hits the "enter" key.  I want to have a "mark" showing the moment the "enter"
key is hit to the moment authentication is completed, as seen by the user.  Examining the
.csv file is difficult, as the start and end times require an in-depth understanding of the
methods that are called during these procedures (I don't have this knowledge).

The best analogy I can think of is the following:  in embedded systems, this is equivalent
to having a logic analyzer capture the start and end time of a function call.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Bo