jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject Re: Sharing variables between thread-groups in the same test plan
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 20:15:55 GMT
On 11.09.2012 16:06, Jomebrew wrote:
> I did a blog post on my method of sharing variables between thread groups.
> In my case, I needed to pick up a session token and reuse it to
> authenticate a separate connection.
>
> http://www.jomebrew.com/2011/10/jmeter-random-transactions-and-sharing.html
If I understood your solution correctly (it is the "Problem 2" in your post,
right?), then you are using, what Deepak listed as option a:

On 11.09.2012 14:04, Deepak Shetty wrote:
> a. use properties with a suitable naming convention
> b. write your variables to file and reread them
> c. Use bsh.shared --http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html
> d. Use external plugin
> http://code.google.com/p/jmeter-plugins/wiki/InterThreadCommunication
> e. Write your own java class with static variables that work with multiple
> threads that can be read from and use that to set and get your variables

Though your (ab)use of assertions for this purpose is interesting :-) I'd still
hope, future versions of JMeter would allow the setup-groups' variables to
simply be seen by other groups without any special efforts...

Thanks! Yours,

    -mi