jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Mikhail T." <mi+t...@aldan.algebra.com>
Subject How to automatically loop through all possible combinations?
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2012 22:40:09 GMT
Hello!

I've set up a test-plan with two CSV data set configs:

  * Virtual hosts living on my server
  * User-Agent strings I'd like to pretend to be

How do I configure the HTTP request part (or the thread group?) to ensure, each
virtual host is hit with each user-agent string -- and exactly once?

So far I've been playing with the "Number of Threads" parameter of the
thread-group... But that needs to be kept in sync with the separate CSV-files
(what if a vhost is added/removed?) and it also causes all hits to occur in
parallel... The latter is not a problem yet, but it will be, if I add more items
to the existing CSV data sets or add another one (such as for paths).

What's the equivalent of:

    foreach ua $useragents {
         foreach vhost $vhosts {
             foreach path $paths {