jmeter-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Lance Ingram <lancei.ing...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 10:52:52 GMT
You haven't configured in your heap "XX:MaxPermSize=512m" value this
indicates the amount of Heap Size for JVM

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 10:45 AM, Samaraweera, Ravinda <
ravindasamaraweera@kpmg.com> wrote:

> Is there any other place to change heap value other than jmeter.bat
> file?
> Coz when I change it , set HEAP=-Xms512m -Xmx512m to set HEAP=-Xms1560m
> -Xmx1560m it gives an error, I can run jmeter.bat file even, it exits
> Why is that?
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jim (Jiemin) Jin [mailto:Jim.Jin@cn.nextlabs.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:52 PM
> To: JMeter Users List
> Subject: RE: OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>
> With heap size set to 1560M, it can support about 500 users.
> (Every thread will have 17 transactions and about 120 HTTP request)
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Naresh Kumar [mailto:naresh.kumar@igate.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 3:19 PM
> To: JMeter Users List
> Subject: RE: OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>
> There are couple of things you can try to negate this.
>
> Keep the test plan simple, do not add too many unwanted listners as this
> would take away lot of memory locally during run time.
> Increase this heap size from systems.properties file , there is already
> a lot of ans posted on how to do this via jmeter forums.
> If the above doesn't solve your problem due to extensive load test
> harness, you can give a try using distributed load testing process.
>
>
> NK
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kirk Pepperdine [mailto:kirk.pepperdine@gmail.com]
> Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 12:43 PM
> To: JMeter Users List
> Subject: Re: OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
>
> Just like it says, your JVM has run out of memory. Why? could be a
> number of reasons... the first being that you simply didn't configure
> enough to run your tests.
>
> JMeter heap usage will not stabilize because during a run JMeter
> accumulates results. If you have a long run you'd better use a very
> large heap.
>
> -- Kirk
>
> On 2012-08-28, at 8:08 AM, "Samaraweera, Ravinda"
> <ravindasamaraweera@kpmg.com> wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > What is the cause for following error?
> >
> > 2012/08/28 12:27:47 ERROR - jmeter.threads.JMeterThread: Test failed!
> > java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chi.
> >
> > **********************************************************************
> > *
> > Disclaimer
> >
> > The information contained in this communication is confidential and
> may be legally privileged.
> > It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
> it is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
> > If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
> > disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the
> contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
> > KPMG is neither liable for the proper, complete transmission of the
> > information contained in this communication nor any delay in its
> receipt.
> > **********************************************************************
> > *
> >
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@jmeter.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@jmeter.apache.org
>
>
> Information contained and transmitted by this e-mail is confidential and
> proprietary to iGATE and its affiliates and is intended for use only by
> the recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or use of this
> e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are requested to delete this
> e-mail immediately and notify the originator or mailadmin@igate.com.
> iGATE does not enter into any agreement with any party by e-mail. Any
> views expressed by an individual do not necessarily reflect the view of
> iGATE. iGATE is not responsible for the consequences of any actions
> taken on the basis of information provided, through this email. The
> contents of an attachment to this e-mail may contain software viruses,
> which could damage your own computer system. While iGATE has taken every
> reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept liability
> for any damage which you sustain as a result of software viruses. You
> should carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. To
> know more about iGATE please visit www.igate.com.
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@jmeter.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@jmeter.apache.org
>
>
> ______________________________________________________________________
> This email has been scanned by the Symantec Email Security.cloud
> service.
> ______________________________________________________________________
> This email has been inspected by NextLabs' Outlook Policy Enforcer to
> ensure compliance
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> STATEMENT OF CONFIDENTIALITY
>
> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments
> to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s)
> and may contain confidential or privileged information. No
> representation is made on its accuracy or completeness of the
> information contained in this electronic message. Certain assumptions
> may have been made in the preparation of this material as at this date,
> and are subject to change without notice. If you are not the intended
> recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution
> or copying of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is strictly prohibited.
> Please reply to the sender at NextLabs Inc and destroy all copies of
> this message and any attachments from your system.
> ======================================================================
> ***********************************************************************
> Disclaimer
>
> The information contained in this communication is confidential and may be
> legally privileged.
> It is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it
> is addressed and others authorised to receive it.
> If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
> disclosure, copying,
> distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this
> information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
> KPMG is neither liable for the proper,
> complete transmission of the information contained in this communication
> nor any delay in its receipt.
> ***********************************************************************
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@jmeter.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@jmeter.apache.org
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message