jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP request sampler option "Content encoding"
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:59:45 GMT
On 11 August 2012 12:45, Andrej van der Zee <andrejvanderzee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, the HTTP implementations do not support
>> compression of requests, only decompression of responses.
>
> The HTTP header "Content-Encoding" works both ways.

Yes.

But it's up to the HTTP implementation whether it supports request
compression or not.
If it does compress a request, then of course it must set the
appropriate Content-Encoding.

As far as I can tell, none of the 3 HTTP implementations used by
JMeter actually support request compression.
And JMeter does not implement compression either.

Though you can send arbitrary POST/PUT bodies by specifying a file and
omitting the file Name parameter.

> The key difference
> is that for HTTP requests one must know beforehand if the server
> supports decompression.

How is that determined?