jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can JMeter generate a epoch time stamp?
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 17:03:11 GMT
On 28 August 2012 17:56, Robin D. Wilson <rwilson2@gmail.com> wrote:
> In Sameera's example, the time will be in seconds (because of the /1000 on it). If you
need a true epoch timestamp (milliseconds
> since epoch) you will need to remove that.
>
>         ${__javaScript(new Date().getTime();)}
>
> Is the simplest form of that.

${__time}

is simpler still, see:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/functions.html#__time

> Just use that variable in any fields you need it (note, it will create a new timestamp
each time you use it). You can also create 1
> timestamp, and store it in a variable - then use the variable.
>
> There are 2 ways to do this:
>
> 1) If you want just 1 value for the whole test, add a "User Defined Variables" Config
Element to your test. This will be evaluated
> when you load the test script the first time.
>
> 2) If you want to have the value change for every thread execution, but stay the same
during each thread instance: under your
> 'Thread Group', add a 'Pre Processors -> User Parameters' to your thread group - and
add the variable there.

> Also, if you want the value to change each time the thread starts over (each 'iteration'
of the script within the thread group), you
> can check the "Update Once Per Iteration" box on the User Parameters - and it will get
a new value each time it starts the thread
> over at the beginning of th test script (within that thread group).
>
> --
> Robin D. Wilson
> Sr. Director of Web Development
> KingsIsle Entertainment, Inc.
> VOICE: 512-777-1861
> www.KingsIsle.com

post. Please find below the example

> <eb:Timestamp>${__javaScript(Math.round(new Date().getTime() / 1000))}</eb:Timestamp>
>

> Thanks & Regards
> Sam

authorized agent. The message may contain
> information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure. If
the reader of this message is not the intended
> recipient or the recipient's authorized agent, then you are notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message
> is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender
and then delete the message.

> Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary and confidential
and subject to the  Tech Mahindra