jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Jmeter with Oracle JDEdwards EnterpriseOne ERP web app
Date Tue, 28 Aug 2012 15:47:48 GMT
On 28 August 2012 15:05, Larry Williams <lwilliams@tridentseafoods.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anyone tried using Jmeter to load test JDE?
> I want to give it a try before having to move on to other costly tools such as Neoload,
Loadrunner or Rational.
> I've been trying it and was able to get a login to work after capturing the sequence
of events with the Jmeter proxy.
> However, I cannot get it to launch an application.
> It appears that a post is done to the /jde/RunApp.mafService path, however this post
has parameters that looks like they need to be unique for opening that application.
> Here is a sampling of the parameters:
> timestamp

<snip/>

> It looks like the timestamp, jdemafjasLinkTarget and RID parms are unique to this post.
> Any ideas on how I can find what values to use?

They must be derived from a previous response, perhaps using Javascript.

> When I run the test we these values, the application does not open and I get an error
on the post.

Try capturing the traffic from a successful browser session (make sure
you clear caches first).
That should show you where the parameters come from.

> Thanks in advance!
>
> Larry Williams
> Sr CNC Admin * Information Services Department
> lwilliams@tridentseafoods.com<mailto:lwilliams@tridentseafoods.com> * 206-297-5766
> Mobile:  206-409-9337
> 5303 Shilshole Ave. N.W. * Seattle, WA 98107-4000

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> The information in this message is intended only for the addressee or the addressee's
authorized agent. The message may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or
otherwise exempt from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient
or the recipient's authorized agent, then you are notified that any dissemination, distribution
or copying of this message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please
reply to the sender and then delete the message.