jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Adrian Speteanu <asp.ad...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Simple Jmeter Architecture for a particular scenario
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2012 14:55:52 GMT
I don't know any links to what you are requesting. The question is
recurring, yes, but the answer to it is not available since the question is
a bit wrong.

Hope I can keep it short and meaningful:
 > x users generate y traffic.
 > z jmeter threads can generate the same amount of traffic, y.
z can be smaller or equal to x (a lot smaller sometimes). if you
specifically need to keep a session cookie per thread, then x=z; you can do
this, but since this requires more resources, you should be absolutely sure
you need to do this.

You should focus your efforts on knowing x, y and how the traffic looks
like. It will be easier to search for ways to generate the same type of
traffic with JMeter. And how individual threads work like is pretty
straight forward, start with jmeter's user manual.

--Adrian S