jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Deepak Shetty <shet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why the max response time keep increasing with threads growing?
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2012 17:04:05 GMT
Hi
>Why the max response time keep increasing? Should it result from the
client (JMeter) or the web server?
It could be either. An easy way is to use two jmeter clients on separate
machines and run them together with half of your load (so if originally you
ran 1 jmeter with 100 threads, run 2 jmeters with 50 threads) - you dont
need to setup distributed jmeter instances - just run them at the same
time. if you see the same problem - then likely its your app thats
problematic. If you dont then your Jmeter client was overloaded.

>In theory, the max response should not have liner relationship with the
users/threads number.
depends if your application code has some synchronization blocks then you
could see this behavior

regards
deepak