jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP request sampler option "Content encoding"
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 12:09:08 GMT
> As far as I can tell, none of the 3 HTTP implementations used by
> JMeter actually support request compression.
> And JMeter does not implement compression either.

Then I will have to implement it myself somehow, no big deal. I was
just confused because there is a "Content Type" option in the HTTP
sampler which lets you specify a string, but I understood that this is
to specify the character set, which I think is a bit misleading. The
JMeter documentation does provide enough information to figure out
what it is.

>> The key difference
>> is that for HTTP requests one must know beforehand if the server
>> supports decompression.
>
> How is that determined?

Often it is simply known in advance. For example if you develop an
iPhone app that communicates in XML over HTTP with its server.

Cheers,
Andrej