jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP request sampler option "Content encoding"
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:44:56 GMT
Hi,

I am trying to gzip an HTTP *request* to the server (responses work
fine by setting the HTTP header Accept-Encoding: gzip). I found an
option in the sampler called "Content encoding" so I thought: Bingo!
But unfortunately I get the following Java exception preventing the
request from even being send to the server:

Response code: Non HTTP response code: java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException
Response message: Non HTTP response message: gzip

So what is the purpose of the sampler setting? If not setting the
"Content-Encoding" HTTP request header and gzip the request, which
would be rather confusing, how should I gzip HTTP requests?

Cheers,
Andrej