jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Andrej van der Zee <andrejvander...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTTP request sampler option "Content encoding"
Date Sat, 11 Aug 2012 11:45:25 GMT
> As far as I can tell, the HTTP implementations do not support
> compression of requests, only decompression of responses.

The HTTP header "Content-Encoding" works both ways. The key difference
is that for HTTP requests one must know beforehand if the server
supports decompression. On the other hand, for HTTP responses the
client tells the server that it *may* compress by setting the HTTP
request header "Accept-Encoding", but the server does not have to (for
example if the server does not support compression of responses).

Cheers,
Andrej