jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Luu <manga...@gmail.com>
Subject What is best approach to design this kind of test?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 00:33:16 GMT
I may have need to design a test for benchmarking our photo upload
architecture at my organization. Here's how the photo uploads from browser
work:

client selects multiple photos for HTML5 based multiple file upload element
(single browse button w/ multiple file select option).
on file upload element set with value(s), we use AJAX request to server to
set up photo endpoints. It's a single HTTP GET request where we get back
response that tells client side code where to upload the selected photo(s).
The client then performs multiple file uploads (HTTP POSTs) in parallel
(limited to 3 at a time by browser architecture).

Would like to simulate this and scale up user count, assuming the average
user selects say 3 photos to upload at same time. A thread group will scale
the user count, but how do I perform HTTP sample requests in concurrently
rather than serially in a thread group? I notice you can't do a thread
group within thread group. I did notice that there is test fragment option
that allows you to use samplers outside thread group, but that part won't
scale beyond one user it seems. So how would I put this test together? Or
will I have to make do with serial uploads with concurrent requests within
a single user/thread not possible?

Thanks in advance,
David