jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Luu <manga...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What is best approach to design this kind of test?
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2012 17:45:20 GMT
Thanks for input Deepak and Adrian. I'll look into your suggestions.

I had considered option of 1 user uploading 3 files vs 3 users uploading 1
file, but thought I'd ask about simulating as closely the real world usage.
I'll follow up internally but assume it shouldn't make much difference load
wise going either way, though it will be testing a slightly different path
as the DB and file association to user will be set differently.

To clarify some questions:

The session is only needed for the initial call to set up the receiving
endpoints, the parallel uploads go to a different domain and don't require
session. They make use of authentication token embedded in the URLs of the
endpoints that will receive the files, that were returned in the response
from the setup call. These also are separate HTTP POSTs, not a multi-part
POST, as the files go to 3 different URLs, and you see 3 requests in
Firebug.

David