jmeter-user mailing list archives

From David Luu <manga...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP POST to a redirected URL handled properly?
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 22:56:08 GMT
Hi,

This is first time I've come across this topic. By the way, I'm testing
APIs that are under development so things might change, will follow up on
them later but assuming correct server setup:

I make POST to a URL and it returned 302 moved temporarily with new URL.
The redirect is basically changing original URL of HTTP to HTTPS, that's
it. In JMeter, I'm using an HTTP sampler and by default have the follow
redirect option checked. It did follow the redirect but POST request became
a GET and thus all POST data was lost and API call failed. I didn't specify
a specific HTTP client to use, using system default. If it matters, which
HTTP client is best suited for this? I was wondering whether under this
situation JMeter can follow redirect but keep as POST request with same
posted data? If so, how? If not, is this the correct user agent and test
tool behavior to expect when coming across a 302 redirect for POST requests?

Regards,
David