jmeter-user mailing list archives

From "Roberts, Jeremie" <Jeremie.Robe...@henryschein.com>
Subject RE: JDBC Request or PreProcessor driving variables for HTTP Request testing and validation
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2012 20:22:05 GMT
At this point I am trying to just drive a single thread. I would like to drive to multiple
threads eventually, but I want to get the basic tests running properly first before I worry
about multiple threads.

I am more of a SQL users, and since I know the SQL data that I have is correct, I want to
be able to pull SQL data and run my tests instead of having to extract a CSV file every time
I want to run my tests against a different database. I would like to avoid CSV files as this
would introduce extra overhead to my testing.

Thanks,

Jeremie Roberts
Henry Schein Practice Solutions

-----Original Message-----
From: Deepak Shetty [mailto:shettyd@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:15 PM
To: JMeter Users List
Subject: Re: JDBC Request or PreProcessor driving variables for HTTP Request testing and validation

Hi
You should use Variable Name (
http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#JDBC_Request)
result variable can also be used but needs BeanShell or some other scripting

However are you only going to get data that is needed for a single thread?
Usually you get a bunch of data that will be used over multiple threads. In which case you'd
rather write the response to a CSV file (probably in a setup thread group) and use that in
the next thread group

regards
deepak

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Roberts, Jeremie < Jeremie.Roberts@henryschein.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use a JDBC Request to get a list of variable values to
> drive my HTTP Request testing, then once I get the results from the
> HTTP Request, I want to validate the results against another JDBC Request.
>
> I have been looking at the documentation, and I am a bit confused as
> to how the Result Variable Name is used. It appears that this is what
> I want to use, but I can't find any good examples of how to really implement this.
> I believe I want to use a Loop Controller or ForEach Controller so
> that I can get the HTTP Request to iterate through the results of the JDBC Request.
>
> Do you have some recommendations or examples to help me configure
> these tests?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeremie Roberts
> Henry Schein Practice Solutions

> E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code.
> By reading the message and opening any attachments, the recipient
> accepts full responsibility for taking protective action against such
> code. Henry Schein is not liable for any loss or damage arising from this message.

> privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee(s). Access to this
> e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.

E-mail messages may contain viruses, worms, or other malicious code. By reading the message
and opening any attachments, the recipient accepts full responsibility for taking protective
action against such code. Henry Schein is not liable for any loss or damage arising from this
message.

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee(s). Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorized.