jmeter-user mailing list archives

From frank <...@windowslive.com>
Subject Re: use extraction result in other thread group
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2012 01:43:55 GMT

sebb-2-2 wrote

> Do you need to retrieve the value multiple times?

sometimes, i need to retrieve the value multiple times, it depends on the
test plan which testers write.

> If so, why does it have to be in a separate thread group from where it is
> used?

because the test plan which testers write has many test cases, and for me,
one test case correspond to one thread group, so maybe the extraction is in
a separate thread group, and the extraction result needs to be used in
another thread group.

> - How do you ensure that the thread groups run in the correct order?
>
> Or fetch the value just once before the test starts?

if i check 'Run Thread Groups consecutively' on 'Test Plan' control panel,
then the thread groups will run in the correct order.