jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Tech Newbie <tec...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Scheduler and Graceful Termination
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 17:12:35 GMT
Thanks, the suggestion works.

I was thinking that the transaction controller will has this ability and, in addition, in
the Constant Throughput Timer, I can specify transaction throughput, not "transactions * N
samples".  Let me know if I'm wrong.

________________________________
 From: sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com>
To: JMeter Users List <user@jmeter.apache.org>; Tech Newbie <technb@yahoo.com>

Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2012 12:25 AM
Subject: Re: Scheduler and Graceful Termination

On 30 August 2012 06:40, Tech Newbie <technb@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a set of samplers that I'd like to execute as a complete set (transaction): login,
create, list, delete, logout.  When using the scheduler in a thread group, the threads just
abruptly terminates when time's up, without completing the transaction.  How do I setup my
testplan so that the last transaction have a chance to complete all the steps?

I think you will need to use a Test Action/Stop Thread element as a
child of an If Controller that checks the elapsed time, i.e. $__time()
- ${TESTSTART.MS}

> I've seen recommendation of using scheduler plus a loop count but I don't understand
how that would work.