jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Feng.C...@sybase.com
Subject Re: how to collect average response time
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 07:02:28 GMT
Hi,

Maybe I didn't describe my question clearly.
For example, I record user logon, it has 5 sample, and run with 20 users.
I want to know the average reponse time of logon but not average of
samples, I need to calculate from aggregate report.
In this example, how to collect?

             ZK
             <stevesenior69@gm
             ail.com>                                                   To
                                       <jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org>
             07/04/2012 02:44                                           cc
             PM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: how to collect average response
             Please respond to         time
             JMeter Users List
             <user@jmeter.apac
                  he.org>

Feng.Chen wrote

> Hi,
>
> Do you think average * total sample number is average response time? I
> think it is max response time!
>
> Feng

You are wrong, why would you want to know the average * total sample
number?

It is quite simple:
Average = Average
Max response time = Max response time