jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error while running Jmeter script
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2012 09:05:37 GMT
On 11 July 2012 12:03, Niraj <niraj.khatmode@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am running a Jmeter script in version 2.6. After running script in result
> tree i am getting below mentioned error. But this error is not coming to
> any specific request. I am getting this error for any random request. If i
> ran test 1st time i am getting error for one png request. In next run same
> png request passed successfully and error is seen for some different
> request.
>
> Can someone please help me to resolve this issue?
>
> java.net.SocketException: Connection reset at
> java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168) at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218) at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:258) at
> java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317) at
> sun.net.www.MeteredStream.read(MeteredStream.java:116) at

This is almost certainly caused by the server dropping the connection,
most likely because it is overloaded.

Check the server logs to see if there is any relevant information.

Does the frequency of the errors vary with the total load on the server?

If it's not the server, then it must be some other part of the route
between JMeter and the server, e.g. router/gateway.