jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What happens to downloaded files.
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 16:36:22 GMT
On 6 July 2012 14:26, Dean Lozo <dean.lozo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey
>
> I am wondering what happens to the files JMeter downloads? I am worried
> that they are stored in the memory of the JVM causing me to get an out of
> memory issue if I let JMeter run over a longer period of time. The files I
> am downloading are around 1.3Mb if that matters. I know you can view the
> downloaded files in the Tree Listener (which means they are stored
> somewhere while the applications is running), but if I remove this listener
> will that save memory space?

All sampler responses are saved in memory initially.
They are then optionally written to the output file.

Some listeners, e.g. Tree View and Table keep a copy of all or part of
each sample.

Others - e.g. Summary - just extract what they want and accumulate
their results.

See

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices.html#lean_mean