jmeter-user mailing list archives

From sebb <seb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making HTTP 404 a test success
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 16:39:19 GMT
On 6 July 2012 17:13, Richard Gaywood <richardgaywood@gmail.com> wrote:

Please don't use HTML in future; it's more likely to be treated as SPAM.

> Hi list,
>
> I'm load testing a RESTful web service. One of my scenarios is a GET which receives no
data, followed by a PUT to populate the web service. The GET, naturally, returns 404. However,
JMeter insists on tagging this as a failed sampler, which is messing up my test stats and
meaning I can't catch genuine errors in a "errors only" results tree.

> How can I convince JMeter to regard 404 as a successful sample result?
>
> I tried adding a Response Assertion with config to state that "Response Code", "Contains",
"404" (with "Ignore Status" ticked), but the sample still fails. I don't understand why; reading
the JMeter manual makes it sound like that should work. The assertion result says

Because 404 is not a success status; check the "Ignore status" option.