jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nirodha Pramod <niro...@wso2.com>
Subject Is there a way to acquire the server side cookie
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2012 06:14:08 GMT
Hi,

I have a requirement to call 2 web services with Jmeter.
1. Call the authentication service and login to the server with usename
password as service parameters.
2. Call another admin service and add a resource to the server. But calling
this service requires, first to be logged into the server using the above.

When I run the test my second service call fails with an authentication
failure. I used a cookie manager but it did not help.

I figured out the issue, which is when I call the first service it creates
a session cookie in the ServiceContext (server side) and use it for further
authentications. But the server does not identify that the second call is
from the same client. Solution is I have to use the server side session
cookie in my subsequent calls.

Is there a way to acquire this server side session cookie with Jmeter and
use it for subsequent service calls.

thanks in advance,
Nirodha
--