jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Start all threads at the same time
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2012 18:32:51 GMT
Hello,
It's not sure you really need Synchronizing Timer.
>From component reference:

   -
   http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/component_reference.html#Synchronizing_Timer

The purpose of the SyncTimer is to block threads until X number of threads
have been blocked, and then they are all released at once. A SyncTimer can
thus create large instant loads at various points of the test plan.

When you say number of Threads grows slowly with no rampup period, how slow
is it ? are you sure it's OK to have no rampup period ?

Read this:

http://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/best-practices

Regards

Philippe M.