jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Dean Lozo <dean.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Overwriting a variable.
Date Tue, 03 Jul 2012 08:20:41 GMT
Hey

I have a JMeter script and this is my current issue:

1. I extract a value from a response body that gets set to the variable
${room_name_g1}.

2. I perform a search.

3. I extract the ID, folder type, and room location. The room location gets
set to the value ${search_result_ID_g3}.

4. I then navigate using the ${room_name_g1} variable in the URL.

In order to avoid duplicates, inconsistencies and a complete mess i wish to
change the value of ${room_name_g1} to ${search_result_ID_g3}.

*Question:* Is there a sampler/tool or anyting that allows me to change
variable value before using a sampler, or should I simply change the output
variable to "room_name" on the extractor that I use in step 3 so it matches
step 1?

Cheers
Dean