jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Nicholas Jasieniecki <nasth...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with threads not closing
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:11:40 GMT
Greetings!

Has anyone else run into this issue?

I'm running jmeter using a command line (java –jar) invoked by gradle. Its
a stupid system but I cant really change it at the moment. The problem I'm
having is that for some tests, when they end I get a message saying

The JVM should have exitted but did not.

The following non-daemon threads are still running (DestroyJavaVM is OK):

Thread[DestroyJavaVM,5,main], stackTrace:

Thread[pool-7-thread-1,5,main], stackTrace:sun.misc.Unsafe#park

java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport#park at line:156

java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject#await
at line:1987

java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue#take at line:399

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor#getTask at line:947

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker#run at line:907

java.lang.Thread#run at line:680

Thread[pool-6-thread-1,5,main], stackTrace:sun.misc.Unsafe#park

java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport#parkNanos at line:196

java.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue$TransferStack#awaitFulfill at line:424

java.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue$TransferStack#transfer at line:323

java.util.concurrent.SynchronousQueue#poll at line:874

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor#getTask at line:945

java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker#run at line:907

java.lang.Thread#run at line:680

I'm not sure whether these are threads created by my test case (launches a
spring container via beanshell and calls some remote java services), or by
jmeter itself.

Is there a way to force jmeter to kill the JVM? My backup plan up until now
has been to set a timeout longer than the duration of the test and then
tell the build system to kill the process it spawned (the jmeter process).
This isn't really sustainable long term, and I'm trying to see if there is
any better way around the issue.