jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Havard Blok <hrb...@google.com>
Subject Measure throughput over time
Date Wed, 04 Jul 2012 16:52:53 GMT
I'm looking for ideas on what would be the best way of measuring throughput
over time for very large data. Example: an FTP transfer of a 5 GB file. I'm
assuming a custom implemented JavaSamplerClient, however, even so, doing
the full transfer in a single call to runTest() would not provide valuable
sampling. So maybe runTest() could just start the transfer (on a separate
thread) on its first call, and then sample progress on the subsequent calls.

If this is possible then, what would be the best way to monitor the
transferred bytes over time. Is there an API to monitor the traffic on a
socket? Maybe some kind of in-memory proxy? Monitoring the underlying
network device? Other ideas?

Regards,
Havard

--