jmeter-user mailing list archives

From Flavio Cysne <flaviocy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regular expression extraction
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 12:17:04 GMT
As I mentioned before %2F, %2B and %3D are hexadecimal ascii
representations of some non-alphanumeric characters, see this as a
reference
http://web.cs.dal.ca/~jamie/cs4173/examples/XHTML/entities/ASCII.html

Although I'm trying to help you I'm also trying to understand what's your
real purpose and, with this set, suggest you a better suitable solution.

Some things I have not addressed yet:

1. Why remove only the % (percentile) from
negwZpYrTeF87bx*%2F*pCgyzpctt12b68RupAkJAMk
and not %2F, that represents the / (slash) ?
2. Why not get entire values among %2B (plus sign), %2F (slash) and %3D
(equal sign) and just part of it?
3. If you really want only part of the first value, between %2B and %2F,
what's the range of the substring?

Regards.
Flavio Cysne

2012/7/6 Niraj <niraj.khatmode@gmail.com>

> Hi  Flávio,
>
> Thanks for the response. I will explain you in detail.
>
> My Response URL1:
>
> https://test/sp/ACS.saml2
>
> RelayState=MvQd3EQccLtVfhFDLyHwEQLbTLVz7Y&SAMLart=AAQAALMcsRYkKm5hGFT%2BnegwZpYrTeF8
> zbaK6zuRrOnIEFelyfyHAWRBAMk%3D
>

> Now i need to extract zbaK6zuRrOnIEFelyfyHAWRBAM which i am going to use in
> next request.
>

> I have used regular expression: &SAMLart=\w+%2B\w{12}(.*)%3D which gives me
> zbaK6zuRrOnIE2FelyfyHAWRBAM
>

> But when my response URL is
>
> Response URL2:
> https://test/sp/ACS.saml2RelayState=MvQd3EQccLtVfhFDLyHwEQLbTLVz7Y&SAMLart=
> AAQAALMcsRYkKm5hGFT%2BnegwZpYrTeF87bx%2FpCgyzpctt12b68RupAkJAMk%
>
> Using same regular expression: &SAMLart=\w+%2B\w{12}(.*)%3D i get this
> 7bx%2FpCgyzpctt12b68RupAkJAMk.
> Now i need to use 7bx2FpCgyzpctt12b68RupAkJAMk use in next requests. So my
> issue how i can remove %2.
>
> Please let me know if i need add any more details.
>

> On Fri, Jul 6, 2012 at 4:58 PM, Flavio Cysne <flaviocysne@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > First things first, %2F, %3D, %2B are hexadecimal ascii representations
> of
> > special characters like /, :, &, %, etc.
> >
> > If you want to avoid these representations you can use the regex bellow.
> >
> > \?RelayState=\w+&SAMLart=\w+%2B(\w+)%[a-zA-Z0-9]{2}(\w+)%[a-zA-Z0-9]{2}
> >
> > You have to repeat this regex in two Regular Expression Extractors: one
> > retrieve $1$ (the first group) and the other for $2$ (the second group).
> > I'm assuming that these values will be used as parameters values in other
> > requests and you'll need the entire values extracted among %2B, %2F and
> > %3D.
> >
> > If could explain a bit more of what you want to do, it'll be easier to
> > answer.
> >
> > I'm using "Regular Expression Tester" firefox plugin to test these
> Regular
> > expressions and see what their groups catch.
> >
> > Hope it helps you.
> > Flávio Cysne
> >
> > 2012/7/6 Niraj <niraj.khatmode@gmail.com>
> >
> > > Someone please let me know how i can avoid %2 which i am getting in
> > > response using  \?RelayState=\w+&SAMLart=\w+%2B\w{12}(.+)%3D  this Reg
> ex

> https://abcdtest/sp/ACS.saml2?RelayState=MvQd3EQccLtVfhFDLyHwEQLbTLVz7Y&SAMLart=AAQAALMcsRYkKm5hGFT%2BnegwZpYrTeF8
> > > >>

> https://abcdtest/sp/ACS.saml2?RelayState=MvQd3EQccLtVfhFDLyHwEQLbTLVz7Y&SAMLart=AAQAALMcsRYkKm5hGFT%2BnegwZpYrTeF8zbaK6zuRrOnIE%2FelyfyHAWRBAMk%3D

> > sginsbourg@gmail.com